Fly Art happens when you mix classical paintings and Hip Hop.
Kirk Wallace (TRZOWN) designed this minimal tattoo in memory of his father who lost his life to cancer.
"While recovering from his quadruple (actually, quintuple) bypass, he said he felt like he had woken up on the other side of the rainbow, not in a good way. His world was flipped, quite literally. He said everything was sideways for about 2 days - a bad acid trip of sorts. So this is where the distorted perspective comes from in the tattoo. Starting on the left with the crops at 90°, then flipped to a bird eye view straight down, spelling dad in the crop circles, and back to 90°.”
7 Things That Make My Mouth Water
- A McDonald’s Big Mac: Everything about it screams perfection holy shit the “special sauce” is amazing, the onions are amazing the fucking double beef patty. I cannot. I CANNOT.
- Fried fish filet with a side of tartar sauce
- Fried mushrooms: In hamburgers or as a side dish at Ram. Orgasmic.
- Fried onions on or in anything: Their mere presence makes me shudder with ecstasy
- A hot dog with grilled onions, veggies, potatoes and ketchup at Hot Dog in the Park: Westlake, downtown Seattle, but only when the temperature is in the 30s.
- UW Cultivate’s house sauce on fries or tots
- Fries with 1000 Island dressing
I’m ready to go back home
Convention Center never fails to take my breath away, as corny as that sounds. I love it! Downtown Seattle is so beautiful, and the grey gives the whole city a sort of brooding feel which I personally have come to appreciate.
18 Things I’ve Learned Since Turning 18
It’s been just over half a year, but here’s what I’ve learned so far:
1. Shit happens
Build a bridge and get over it.
2. Whenever you think you’re giving it your all, you can probably give a little more
Don’t give up too early.
3. However, know your limit
Don’t keep going after you throw up, you’re just setting yourself up for a hangover.
4. Do what makes you feel alive
5. If you think it’s worth it, go for it
Once you’ve set your heart on something, don’t back down.
6. Trust in your friends
They’re your friends if they’ve always got your back. You’re a friend if you reciprocate the trust.
7. Create a healthy environment for yourself
Hang out with people who make you happy, who believe in you, look up to you, trust in you. Hang out with people whom you do the same for. Avoid toxics.
Mistakes happen. Don’t beat yourself up over it, and don’t try and blame it on other people. Learn. Really learn and make sure you don’t make the same mistake again.
11. Believe in your own capabilities
12. Don’t be afraid to ask for help
It doesn’t make you weak, or lesser. Usually, people – especially friends – are more than willing to lend a hand or clarify. If you’re afraid of asking, you’re probably not consorting with the right person.
13. Strong friendships require upkeep and maintenance
If you don’t put in your share of effort, you’ll get lazy and it will die.
14. Cramming works
“Go to sleep early it’ll help you when you’re taking the test” is only true if you’ve been setting aside time and studying the exam material weeks in advance. If you’ve been procrastinating all month, you better be up busting your ass cramming.
15. Planning things to look forward to helps to keep you going
16. Drink lots of coffee, you can sleep when you die.
17. Enjoy yourself
18. Pain is inevitable, but you can always overcome it
Introducing our sister blog, Cross Connect.
In 1827, Frenchman Louis Daguerre created what would be known and appreciated as the first photograph.
80 years later, the Lumiere Brothers pioneered a method to achieve the first colored photographs, ushering in a new era of photography.
We accept submissions, so please share with friends.
Iain Acton - IBM
“Life is full of speed bumps, just roll over them and keep going. Find mentors and cheerleaders who you really trust who can help you through the rough spots. And when you do fail, do some root cause analysis, learn from it, and move on.”
Florence Hudson / IBM Director of Corporate Strategy
Ariel Renae Photography
THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER
"I like to make pictures and show them to people."
You are drowning me
YOU ARE DROWNING ME BUT I AM NOT ABOUT TO LET GO YOU ARE DROWNING ME BUT I KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN SO WHOSE FAULT IS THIS REALLY YOU ARE DROWNING ME AND I AM LETTING YOU DROWN ME GO RIGHT AHEAD YOU ARE DROWNING ME AND I AM GOING DOWN
08.06.2013 ::: 0 notes
just because you had a shitty day at work
doesn’t mean you have to make everyone’s day shitty